POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Beta 28 now available : Re: Beta 28 now available Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:25:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta 28 now available
From: Chris Cason
Date: 4 Aug 2008 06:39:28
Message: <4896dc60@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran wrote:
> It worked OK here too (Vista Home Premium) with UAC on. The only issue, as
> previously reported, is that AppData is hidden by default, so users must
> unhide it to be able to browse through the ini and demo scenes files.

I wasn't aware of that (hadn't noticed when testing). The installer does
however place a link to the scene files in the start menu group and IIRC on
the desktop.

It's also rather ironic if hidden is in fact the default; according to the
InstallShield documentation, one of the requirements for Vista logo
cerfification is that files installed for non-admin users go under AppData.

-- Chris